- Prepare a sizeable fire for roasting.
- Nestle the red onion and the sweet potato in amongst the coals/flames.
- Make sure to keep the fire well stoked, then take a moment to relax and unwind while your vegetables are roasting.
- After around 15 minutes, remove the red onion from the fire.
- After another 15 minutes, use a knife to test whether or not the sweet potato is soft. If so, remove from the fire and let cool. If not, let it roast a while longer.
- Once the potato and the onion have cooled, remove their skins. Cut them into coarse chunks.
- Serve with fresh herbs, a pinch of salt flakes, smoky dressing and a generous helping of grated Le Gruyère AOP cheese on top.
Combine mayonnaise, liquid smoke, paprika and lemon juice. Season with a pinch of salt. Prepare the dressing at home so you have less to bring along with you.